The Furnishing Industry uses a wide range of material such as timber, metals, wood products, adhesives, hardware and surface finishes. This 3-Day Workshop introduces some of the common materials and products used in a Senior Furnishing class. You will be introduced to the different hand tools and equipment used in a Furnishing classroom. You will be required to complete a number of joints used in a Senior Furnishing classroom and design & construct a cabinet. You will be provided with suggested techniques and practical skills that are helpful in the teaching a Furnishing class.
There are two 3-Day Workshops for you to choose to attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your preference.
- Plan and develop a series of design based activities for construction
- Understand the use, development and impact of design concepts through the construction of a series of design based activities
- Apply appropriate problem solving procedures to enact the construction of a designed product
- Investigate how to plan, sequence, implement and assess design application processes used in the production of projects incorporated in the senior year's of industrial technology and design teaching area
- Recognise and apply basic skills sequences and procedures using design processes required for teaching cabinet making technologies
- Critically evaluate specific applications of tools and equipment used in the manufacture of products for cabinet making
- Apply appropriate workplace health and safety and maintenance practices when engaging in design and manufacturing activities
- Communicate and work professionally in peer learning teams.
On completion of this Workshop you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
1st Practical Workshop will be held on Monday 29th June to Wednesday 1st July 2020
2nd Practical Workshop will be held on Thursday 2nd July to Saturday 4th July 2020
All workshop sessions are conducted from 8.00am to 5.00pm, unless otherwise stated.
Rockhampton: CQUniversity City Campus (E Block / 1.09)
114-190 Canning St, The Range QLD 4700
Relevant For: All teachers interested in furnishings
Study Modes: Online and Residential School attendance