This 3-Day Workshop provides an introduction to F1 in Schools Challenge and equips participants with the skills and experience to deliver interdisciplinary Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM)-Based projects with particular emphasis on Computer Aided Design (CAD), computational fluid dynamics and computer numerical controlled machining. Participants will engage in the engineering design process to research, design and develop a small C02 gas powered car. This involves learning how to model de3sign ideas using CAD software, virtually testing designs using CDF software and documenting the development of a design from start to finish in the form of a design folio. During the 3 days participants will be accessed on the knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures.
There are two 3-Day Workshops for you to select from. A second 3-Day Workshop will be available if there are high student numbers. A decision will be made once student numbers are known. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your preference.
2. Completion of typical projects made by students years 7 to 10 with demonstrations of appropriate teaching and assessment techniques
3. Practical classroom management strategies
4. Hand skills
5. Reading plans, writing work procedures
6. Workshop planning and maintenance
7. Workplace Health and Safety.
Students will need to access to the following:
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2016
Flow Design 2016
- F1 in Schools Rules and regulations (2015 Technical Regulations)
- Car Aerodynamics Basics and How-To Design Tips
- Autodesk Flow PDF Instructions
- Senior Graphics Syllabus 2013
- Australian Curriculum description of the Processes and Production Skills follow similar
This 3-Day residential school includes: Knowledge of manufacturing processes will be gained through working with hand skills and real world applications. Students will design,
develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising critical aspects of
knowledge about and develop the hands-on skills of manufacturing
On completion of this Workshop you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
All workshop sessions are conducted from 8.00am to 5.00pm unless otherwise stated.
Mackay North State High School
Valley St, North Mackay QLD 4740
Intakes: Limited to 4 students.
Relevant For: All teachers interested in manufacturing technologies.
Study Modes: Online and Residential School attendance