This intensive 3-Day residential Workshop gives participants opportunities for acquiring a basic level in welding training skills. This workshop will introduce participants to the different welding and cutting processes which forms an integral introductory part of the basics for teaching welding and cutting. Participants will be introduced to Oxy-Acetylene Welding, Manual Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Tungsten Gas Metal Arc Welding, Oxy-Acetylene cutting and Plasma cutting. You will be provided with suggested techniques and practical skills that are helpful in the teaching a Metal Engineering class.
There a 3-Day Workshop for you to attend. A second 3-Day Workshop will be available if there are high student numbers. A decision will be made once student numbers are known. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your preference.
2. Skill development of projects made in the Welding environments
3. Knowledge of various welding processes Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding, Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMAW) and Oxy/Acetylene (GAS) Welding.
4. Knowledge of Thermal cutting processes
5. Criteria marking standards development and profile development
6. How to plan and develop Welding and Thermal Cutting courses to teach
7. Facility maintenance and resource development
8. Workplace Health and Safety.
Resources provided for participants: All consumables (i.e. materials necessary to undertake workshop activities)
- Practical welding and cutting tasks
- Experiment and teacher demonstration
- Professional self-reflection
This 3-day residential school includes: Student teachers participating in this course
will develop practical
skills associated with welding and thermal cutting, safety equipment and safety
to current Australian Standards. It provides an opportunity for acquiring basic level welding training for teachers in secondary schools.
On completion of this Workshop you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.Fee: $600
Duration: 24 hours
1st Practical Workshop will be held on Monday 29th June to Wednesday 1st July 2020
2nd Practical Workshop will be held on Thursday 2nd July to Saturday 4th July 2020
All workshop sessions are conducted from 8.00am to 5.00pm unless otherwise stated.
Rockhampton: CQUniversity City Campus (D Block / 1.13)
114-190 Canning St, The Range QLD 4700
Intakes: TBA - a decision will be made once student numbers are known.
Relevant For: All teachers interested in welding and cutting
Study Modes: Online and Residential School attendance