This free online Short Course has been developed in partnership with the National Asthma Council Australia for basic asthma management. Asthma is a common airways disease in Australia with 1 in 10 people suffering from this disease. This course provides a brief introduction to physiology and pathology of an asthma airway, common symptoms, medication management, first aid interventions and the Asthma Action Plan.
- Explain the effects of asthma on the airways
- List the three main factors that are known to increase the likelihood of developing asthma
- Identify common triggers of asthma
- Identify the common symptoms of asthma
- Recall first aid interventions for a person with a severe asthma flare-up
- Recognise the essential elements of an Asthma Action Plan and the treatment regime.
Assessment: Online Quiz
Duration: 1 hour
CPD Hours: 1
Intakes: Enrolments are taken throughout the year on a continuous basis.
Study Mode: Online
Outcomes, Career Opportunities and Occupations:
Course Enquiries: CPD-Enquiries@cqu.edu.au