This online Short Course provides an overview of the prescreening, testing and programming for older adults in developing health and fitness goals and programs. Chronic health issues experienced by the older population are discussed in relation to the physical and mental effects of ageing. Considerations for working and/or referring to Allied Health Professional is described for this population.
- Outline the physical activity guidelines recommended for older adults
- Describe recommended prescreening and fitness testing in the older adult
- Identify strategies in falls prevention in the fitness setting
- Describe the programming of exercise for the older adult including cardiovascular, strength and conditioning and progression programs
- Consider additional safety concerns to address in the older populations in the fitness setting
- Analyse the referral pathways for Medical and Allied Health Professionals in managing fitness programs for older people with health considerations.
Duration: 4 hours
CPD Hours: 4
Intakes: Enrolments are taken throughout the year on a continuous basis.
Study Mode: Online
Outcomes, Career Opportunities and Occupations:
This course provides Professional Development for health and fitness professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.
If you are a Registered Exercise Professionals with Fitness Australia as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain Fitness Australia CECs on the completion of this course.
Course Enquiries: CPD-Enquiries@cqu.edu.au