Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS), or Drones as they are commonly known, are being used in industries like agriculture, mining, local government, police, surf lifesaving, surveying, forestry, defence and search and rescue, and are transforming the way they operate. This online Short Course provides an overview of the safety requirements when managing and operating a Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) or Drone whilst complying with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations.
- Understand the basic operation of RPAS
- Identify potential dangers in RPAS operation
- Outline the laws and regulations as they apply to RPAS operation
- Describe the pre-flight and post-flight inspections required under the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations
- Outline safety procedures in RPAS battery management.
Assessment: Online Quiz
Duration: 2 hours
CPD Hours: 2 hours
Intakes: Enrolments are taken throughout the year on a continuous basis.
Study Mode: Online
Outcomes, Career Opportunities and Occupations:
This course provides Professional Development for professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and UAV Training Australia Certificate of Completion.
Course Enquiries: CPD-Enquiries@cqu.edu.au
This course is offered in partnership with UAV Training Australia
(CASA Approved Training Organisation ReCO.872)