This online Short Course provides guidelines for first responders when attending the woman in labour outside a clinical setting, to be equipped for management of childbirth. The course is designed to outline the appropriate management of the woman and her unborn child until qualified personnel are on the scene.
This course is an overview only and does not lead to any health or medical qualification in the management of the maternity patient.
- Identify observations to be documented in the front line management of the woman in labour
- Recall appropriate communication techniques to adopt when talking with patients and significant other
- Identify equipment to prepare, if the birth is imminent
- Identify the appropriate interventions if spontaneous delivery occurs outside the clinical setting
- Reflect on the legal considerations when responding to emergency childbirth as a non-qualified person.
Assessment: Online Quiz
Duration: 3 hours
CPD Hours: 3
Intakes: Enrolments are taken throughout the year on a continuous basis.
Study Mode: Online
Outcomes, Career Opportunities and Occupations:
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.
Course Enquiries: CPD-Enquiries@cqu.edu.au